Our first tenants have moved in and we are proud to have a 60% occupancy rate already! One of our new tenants is HomeFirst Plus, which is a not-for-profit organisation helping elderly and vulnerable people live independently, formerly known as Somerset Care & Repair Ltd. Their services include:
- A stairlift engineer, who installs and repairs stairlifts at competitive prices.
- Bathroom adaptations, to include a level access shower, high rise toilet and safety flooring
- Sale of mobility aids, from mobility scooters, rise and recliner chairs, rollators, and various smaller mobility aids at competitive prices.
- A TotalHome 100 service, whereby HomeFirst Plus undertake home repairs, using reliable and trustworthy tradesmen;
- Furniture Reuse, (Furnicare) based in Yeovil. This is planned to restart in September and HomeFirst Plus are looking for volunteers and donations/house clearance items.
- Work with local councils, bringing back properties to a lettable standard which may have stood empty for a number of years. HomeFirst Plus access council funding and lease the property from the owner.